Like WordPress, Caldera Forms and its associated premium plugins are licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). We ask you kindly to support our work by purchasing our products through our site. By doing so you will gain access to updates and support.
Our website grants you non-exclusive limited license to use Caldera Forms plugins and other products sold through our website (http://calderaforms.com) by CalderaWP LLC (the “products”) in accordance with these Terms & Conditions (the “license”) issued by our company.
For additional information about our plugin licenses, please see the Licensing FAQ.
For additional information about Caldera Forms Pro Terms & Conditions, see the Pro Terms of Service.
0. Plugin Licensing
Our WordPress plugins are licensed under the GNU general public license version 2 or later (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html).
If you’re not happy with the plugin, we are sorry to hear that and will do our best to make it work for you. We also will honor all refund requests within 30 days of purchase.
1. PHP Compatibility
All CalderaWP plugins require PHP 5.3 or later and will not work on PHP 5.2. If you are running PHP 5.2, please contact your hosting provider immediately as PHP 5.2 has been discontinued for over four years and is not secure. We recommend at least 5.4–the oldest version that has not yet reached its end of life. Upgrading to a newer version of PHP will give you both performance and security benefits.
If you are unsure of what version of PHP your site is using, you can use this handy free plugin to find out.
2. Automatic Plugin Updates
Automatic Plugin updates and premium support is available to customers for one year from the time of purchase. Licenses can be renewed at 50% of the full price of the license. Customers are entitled to receive our premium support and automatic plugin updates according to the license they have purchased:
- A “One Site” license provides automatic updates and support for a single domain that you own, for one year (see definition of a “domain” below)
- A “Up To Fives Sites” license provides automatic updates and support for up to 5 domains that you own, for one year (see definition of a “domain” below
- A “Up To Fifteen Sites” license provides automatic updates and support for up to 15 domains that you own, for one year (see definition of a “domain” below)
Updates are provided for a term of 1 year from the time of purchase.
All licenses purchased after June 8th, 2016 will renew automatically at their expiration date. You can cancel the subscription agreement at any time.
While licenses are active, the customer is entitled to support, automatic updates and downloads of license plugin files. For more information on working with licenses, see the documentation.
License renewals processed automatically or completed manually before the expiration date will receive 50% off of the full price of the plugin or bundle. This extends the original expiry date by one year. Renewed licenses entitle the customer to continue to receive support and automatic updates to the plugin.
3. Definition of a “Domain”
A domain is a unique url which can support a WordPress installation. Installing any of our WordPress plugins on a sub-domain or in a sub-folder counts as a unique domain. Installing any of our plugins on a WordPress multi-site website, where members of the network receive their own installation of our plugins, is not prohibited. However our support staff will only offer support to the primary license holder, or where the domain owner (network manager or network member) has purchased their own support license.
After we have successfully processed your payment, you will receive an email with the download link and support license key. This may take up to 1 hour to arrive, but usually happens within minutes of placing the order. If you do not receive an email after this time period, please contact us. You may then request support through the support form of the respective plugin. The form will ask for your license key, so it is imperative to keep that number available. After activating your plugin in your WordPress installation, you can also request support through the plugin settings panel (if the plugin includes this feature).
5. No Warranty
6. Site Content
All site content, including imagery and documentation that is published on CalderaWP.com is copyright CalderaWP LLC and is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. The source code of for this site is licensed under the GNU GPL v2 or later and is available on Github, pull requests are welcome.
7. Scope of Support
Each purchase grants the purchaser access to our plugin support service, which covers help with setting up the latest version of the products and direction on how to use the latest version of the products as advertised. In the case of developer purchasing licenses for deployment on web sites developed for customers, only the developer purchasing the license is entitled to support. We reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to limit the number of support interactions granted to any purchaser within a specific time period. The support service does not cover help with theme or plugin customization beyond the advertised, nor does it cover help on sites that are heavily customized or in situations where the core plugin files have been modified. Additionally, if a bug is discovered in any code of the products, we offer no guarantee that we will repair it. Bug fixes, if any, shall be made at our sole discretion. Access to the support service is valid for 1 year from the date of your purchase, after which time your support license will expire. All support is provided via our email support; there is no live chat or phone support available.
Examples of Supported Product Issues:
- “I understand the plugin is capable of a certain feature but need help figuring out how to use it.”
- “I’m trying to install and activate the plugin but am experiencing difficulties and need some help.”
- “I’m following the getting started guide but it still isn’t working. What am I doing wrong?”
- “I’m having trouble upgrading to the latest version.”
Examples of Non-Supported Product Issues:
- “I wish to change the color, styling or layout of calendar views.”
- “I would like to integrate the plugin with a third party plugin, theme or service.”
- “I need to add extra functionality, meta boxes or user interface elements to the plugin’s admin screens.”
- “I want to change the types of user who can and cannot access various plugin features to something other than the defaults.”
- “I want to create a custom view that does X, Y, and Z.”
You may renew your license for extended support and product updates annually. We will send you reminder emails starting a month prior to your license’s expiration date, at which time you can renew. You can also renew at any time by logging in to calderaforms.com/acccount.
Please note that the response times listed on our support page are average response times, not guaranteed response times. While we attempt to reply to all support requests promptly, no response time is guaranteed.
We offer an affiliate program. If you would like to join, please register for the site and then send us a message through our contact form letting us know about yourself, how you intend to market our products and how we can help you. The following terms apply to our affiliates program:
- Affiliates are paid a 20% commission on leads sent to our site.
- The tracking cookie for affiliate sales last 60 days.
- Affiliates are paid on within the first ten business days of each month for the prior month’s earnings.
- Affiliate payments are made via PayPal to the email address that you have registered with for this site.
- Affiliates will not be paid if they purchase using their own affiliate link.
- We have the right to cancel an affiliate account at any time, or the whole program, at our discretion if we feel it is being abused.