Caldera Forms 1.5.9 is a small bug fix release with some important bug fixes for file fields, entry export, menu order, and other issues.
NOTE: Caldera Forms 1.5.9-rc.1 was released to WordPress.org on January 18, 2018. Caldera Forms 1.5.9 was released on January 24, 2018.
- Ability to remove wpautop formatting to auto-responder message, by removing a hook.
remove_filter( 'caldera_forms_autoresponse_mail', array( 'Caldera_Forms_Email_Filters', 'format_autoresponse_message' ) );
- Caldera Forms Pro API key settings were improved.
- Made inputs wider and setting validate without a page refresh.
- Added: Ability to disable enhanced delivery per form.
- Added: Ability to change log level via UI.
- Files did not attach to emails if sub menu entry viewer was enabled.
- Menu order conflict with LifterLMS and some other plugins causing their menu to disappear.
- PHP warning: Fix json_decode expects parameter 1 to be a string admin.php affecting entry exports and entry viewer.
- The caldera_forms_entry_viewer shortcode was not using output buffering.
- Entry editor was not available for forms loaded from file system.
Road Map Update
Right now, our two large focuses are a refresh of our main admin page, doing more with Gutenberg blocks and GPDR-compliance. While we are working on these large changes, we will continue to issue small bug fix releases as needed to serve our customers.
How To Test
The simplest way to install test is to install the plugin WP Rollback. This will show a “Rollback” link under each plugin’s name in the WordPress plugin screen. Click the rollback link under Caldera Forms. On the next page select “1.5.9-rc.1” to roll forward to that version.
We strongly recommend you conduct these tests on your staging site.