Caldera Forms 1.7 beta 1 is now available and includes the GDPR compliance tools. We are releasing this beta today to provide immediate access to Caldera Forms’ new GDPR compliance tools. See below for information on how to update.
GDPR Compliance Tools
For a complete list of all GDPR compliance tools that are included or planned to be included in Caldera Forms, visit our GDPR overview page.
- Consent fields and privacy page magic tag: https://calderaforms.com/doc/consent-field/
- Option to delete all entries of a from: https://calderaforms.com/doc/delete-saved-entries-caldera-form/
- Integration with core exporters and erasers + shiny new privacy page: https://calderaforms.com/doc/setting-caldera-forms-gdpr-data-requests/
New Developer APIs
The GDPR API documentation has been updated to help with custom GDPR exporters. Under the hood, these APIs use a new class for paginated queries and a new query builder tool. Both are helpful for custom site development and add-on development.
Hard Version Requirments
As we announced in March, Caldera Forms 1.7 supports PHP 5.6 or later only. If your version of PHP is out of date, Caldera Forms will not fully load.
In previous versions of Caldera Forms, no WordPress version limit was enforced. Caldera Forms has grown more and more reliant on the WordPress REST API, which was merged in version 4.7 of WordPress. To prevent errors, Caldera Forms 1.7 will not load the full plugin if your version of WordPress is less than 4.7.
Other Changes In Caldera Forms 1.7.0
Changes Included In Beta
- Warning in PHP 7.2 related to count() function
- Summary and HTML fields automatically set slug
- Improved automated testing and better documentation for contributing to Caldera Forms. Please see the Github readme.
- Made the caldera-forms-queries package available and used it for GDPR queries.
- Added Caldera_Forms_Entry_Entries for collecting entry field values from multiple entries. Useful for GDPR and more.
Issues Still In Development
Additional issues are still being worked on that will be included in Caldera Forms 1.7 or 1.7.1
- Some users are reporting being unable to save forms
- This is not happening on all sites, we are still seeking information on what situations this occurs in. If you are experiencing this issue, please report relevant details here.
- If an advanced file field is in a form, it may not work with Safari.
- This is the next priority
- Making calculation fields compatible with PHP 7.2 without warnings.
- Filter for custom GDPR exporters and erasers.
How To Update
This release has been pushed as tag to WordPress.org. That means if you install WP Rollback, you can “roll forward” to version 1.7.0.b-1
You may also manually delete Caldera Forms and re-install using the ZIP file that can be download from WordPress.org.
If you use Git, you can checkout the latest master branch or the 1.6.2-rc.1 tag.