Caldera Forms 1.7.0 is now available. This release introduces new GDPR compliance tools. This is also our first release to require PHP 5.6 as a hard requirement for the free version. This release also has a lot of new developer APIs that helped with the GDPR compliance tools that can also be used by site and add-on developers and we are excited to use to improve the plugin.
In addition to these new features, we have fixed several bugs, including conflicts with WooCommerce.
GDPR Compliance Tools
The primary focus of Caldera Forms 1.7 is GPDR compliance tools. For a complete list of all GDPR compliance tools that are included or planned to be included in Caldera Forms, visit our GDPR overview page.
- Consent fields and privacy page magic tag: https://calderaforms.com/doc/consent-field/
- Option to delete all entries of a from: https://calderaforms.com/doc/delete-saved-entries-caldera-form/
- Integration with core exporters and erasers and shiny new privacy page: https://calderaforms.com/doc/setting-caldera-forms-gdpr-data-requests/
Hard Version Requirements
As we announced in March, Caldera Forms 1.7 supports PHP 5.6 or later only. If your version of PHP is out of date, Caldera Forms will not fully load.
In previous versions of Caldera Forms, no WordPress version limit was enforced. Caldera Forms has grown more and more reliant on the WordPress REST API, which was merged in version 4.7 of WordPress. To prevent errors, Caldera Forms 1.7 will not load the full plugin if your version of WordPress is less than 4.7.
New Developer APIs
The GDPR API documentation has been updated to help with custom GDPR exporters. Under the hood, these APIs use a new class for paginated queries and a new query builder tool. Both are helpful for custom site development and add-on development.
Other Changes In Caldera Forms 1.7.0
- Warning in PHP 7.2 related to count() function
- Summary and HTML fields automatically set slug
- Improved automated testing and better documentation for contributing to Caldera Forms. Please see the Github readme.
- Made the caldera-forms-queries package available and used it for GDPR queries.
- Added Caldera_Forms_Entry_Entries for collecting entry field values from multiple entries. Useful for GDPR and more.
- Filter for custom GDPR exporters and erasers.
- Datepicker fields not translating.