Contact form spam is annoying and may even pose a security risk to your site. Blocking spam while keeping forms accessible is a top priority for Caldera Forms, and Caldera Forms Pro now offers anti-spam. Note that Pro has advanced anti-spam, click here for more info.
To enable powerful anti-spam on your contact form, create a new form. That’s it, you’re done! Anti-spam is on by default. If for some reason you’d like to turn off anti-spam, you can from the “Form Settings” panel of the form. But don’t, spam is annoying.
What To Do If You Are Getting Spam With Caldera Forms?
If you are using the default honey pot anti-spam with Caldera Forms and it is not effective, there are several approaches you can take:
- Use a good managed WordPress host that blocks bots from reaching your site. We recommend Pantheon and WPEngine for this reason, in addition to providing great hosting at a reasonable price. We use both of those hosts for our sites, and experience very little spam.
- Use an email service that blocks spam. We use Caldera Forms Pro for Caldera Forms emails and SendGrid for other emails and we experience very little spam and don’t worry about deliverability.
- Use an anti-spam plugin. See the list of anti-spam plugins below. Many of our users report great success with these plugins. We do not use any of them, because the default anti-spam honey pot combined with the measures listed in items 1 and 2 of this doc are sufficient for us.
What Happened To The reCaptcha Field?
Other Plugins For Caldera Forms Anti-Spam
- Caldera Forms Anti-Spam – Provides a reCaptcha field for Caldera Forms.
- Akismet – When the popular anti-spam plugin Akismet is active, a special Akismet processor is added to your forms.
- Clean Talk Anti-Spam – The WordPress plugin for this service integrates with Caldera Forms, and comment forms.
- Anti-Spam Bee – This plugin provides anti-spam for form plugins, including Caldera Forms, and comment forms.